www.cinemas-online.co.uk (the "Website") is operated by Pelican Consultants LLP, Partnership No. OC335744 (collectively known as "we" "us").
Any questions regarding the use of your personal information by Cinemas Online can be sent to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing by recorded delivery to Cardinal Point, Park Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1RE.
Please note that this Policy applies only to the www.cinemas-online.co.uk Website, and is not intended to apply to websites of other companies to which we may provide links. You should ensure you check you have read the privacy policies of such other sites if you decide to use them.
THIS WEBSITE IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WITHOUT PARENTAL GUIDANCE AS SOME SECTIONS OF THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN MATERIAL INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN. BY USING THIS SITE YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE OVER 18 YEARS OLD.
INFORMATION, COLLECTION AND USE
1. Information collected on the Website is owned by Cinemas Online. Such information will be used to provide weekly show times, information about upcoming films, competitions and prizes if consent has been given. Such information will also be used by us to market ourselves and our products and services and otherwise in accordance with clause 2.
2. In order to use the Website, a user is not required to register. However, to obtain the benefit of certain services, such as receiving show times and competitions by email, a user is required to register.
3. Cinemas Online collects information from our users at several different points on the Website. Whilst it is possible for us to log your IP address when you use the Website, we only obtain specific data about an individual who completes the "contact us" page, the "registration" page on the Website, competition entries and/or from information contained in your emails to us.
4. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
5. Upon registration a user is required to provide information such as name, address (including postcode), date of birth (for certification ratings of films and security checks) and email address. Such information is used to contact the user about the services on our Website and to provide services that we feel the user may be interested in, and in the future offers of services by SMS's subject to the relevant consent having been given. It is optional for the user to provide additional information (such as telephone and mobile telephone number, occupation, film preferences) but encouraged so we can tailor any services and marketing material to each user's needs.
6. We also allow users to notify us if they require information about children's offers. This information is optional and not a mandatory field.
7. In particular, we use the personal information you have provided to:-
1. administer the Website;
2. for statistical purposes;
3. to serve Website content and advertisements to you;
4. if you have previously provided your consent to notify you of special offers or other promotional material that may be of interest to you by us;
5. if you have previously provided your consent to notify you of special offers or other promotional material that may be of interest to you by third parties.
8. We send all new users a welcoming email to verify email along with an unsubscribe/modify code. Please notify us immediately if any of your details are incorrect.
9. By registering on with us or by contacting us you agree Cinemas Online may contact you by way of email, telephone, mobile telephone, SMS, postal mail or facsimile. Where you have provided your consent to be contacted by third parties, they may also use these means of communication.
More specifically, we use session cookies. What this means is once the users closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For example, by setting a cookie on the Website, the user would not have to log in their unsubscribe/modify code more than once, thereby saving time whilst on the Website. If a user rejects the cookie, then it is unlikely the Website will be the best user-friendly experience.
We may also use a persistent cookie to collect statistics of usage on the Website. This cookie can be refused whilst still allowing the user to access the Website. This cookie allows us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our Website.
We use your personal information to provide the services as stated on our Website and also for administration purposes. We may share your information with third parties to help us provide the services offered on the Website. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose without your consent. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services and are required to respect the confidentiality of such data.
We may sell, licence or otherwise pass on your information to selected organisations for the purpose of communicating to you offers of further goods and/or services provided by them. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see our opt-in clauses below. Cinemas Online do not control the use of your personal information once it is passed on to such third parties. Users are advised to ensure they are happy with the privacy practices of such parties.
This Website may contain links to other sites that may be of interest to users. Please be aware that Cinemas Online are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website that they visit when they leave our Website. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
We take security of user data very seriously. Cinemas Online shall take reasonable endeavours to ensure the security of user data.
5. Corrections/Updating Personal Information
A user may amend or correct their personal data online by clicking on
the 'modify/unsubscribe' page. Access to such data is only permissible by use of the correct username and unsubscribe/modify code.
Alternatively, if a user's personally identifiable information changes, or if a user no longer desires our service, we will correct, update or remove that user's personal data provided to us. This can usually be done by clicking on the 'modify/unsubscribe' page. Alternatively you can write to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by writing by recorded delivery to Cardinal Point, Park Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1RE.
We shall use reasonable endeavours to respond within 21 days of receipt by us of your request.
In any event, we shall use reasonable endeavours to contact all users on at least an annual basis to ask them to confirm that the information we hold against them is accurate and up to date.
6. Subject Access Request
A user can contact us in writing as to whether we are keeping personal data about you. You are entitled to request a copy of such information. Will we require you to confirm your name, address and date of birth. For security reasons, we also reserve the right to request proof of identity before releasing any personal data. We reserve the right to charge a £10.00 administration fee before releasing such data.
We shall use reasonable endeavours to respond within 40 days of receipt by us of your written request (and payment of appropriate fee).
7. Business Transfers
As indicated above, Cinemas Online may sell, licence or otherwise pass on personal data. Notwithstanding this, if all or part of Cinemas Online is sold, merged, assigned or otherwise transferred to another entity, the user's data may also be transferred.
8. Choice - Opt-In and Opt-Out
Our users are given the opportunity to "opt-in" or "opt-out" (as appropriate), from having their information used for purposes not directly related to our Website at the point where we ask for the information.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials from our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing by recorded delivery to Cardinal Point, Park Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1RE.
9. Site and Services Updates
We also send the user Website and service announcement updates. Users are not able to unsubscribe from such announcements, which contain important information about the Website whilst they are registered users.
11. Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our web site. These companies may use information (not including your name,address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you If you would like more information about this practise and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies contact us using this form.
Cinemas Online supply showtimes for every cinema in the UK. To find out what's playing near you and to register for weekly showtimes updates from your local cinema, just enter your postcode: